Dan Cave is only about 10km from the center of Ninh Binh city, belonging to Trang An World Heritage complex, Khe Dau Ha village, Ninh Xuan commune, Hoa Lu, Ninh Binh. Dancing Cave is impressed by its beautiful natural scenery. Visitors can explore the journey to conquer nearly 500 steps to reach the top of Dance Mountain. From here, the view is far away, covering a large Tam Coc – Bich Dong area. This is also a check-in point that young people love because of many beautiful angles for the photos of a lifetime.
You can visit the Dance Cave at the most beautiful time around mid-5-early 6th month. This is the beginning of summer, beautiful sunshine, not too hot, suitable for climbing mountains and enjoying nature. This time is also the lotus blooming season, do not forget to check-in at the beautiful lotus lagoons at the foot of Ngoa Long Mountain.
Another time of year is around October to December, when Tam Coc is in the ripe rice season. From the top of Dance Mountain, you can take in the panoramic view of the golden rice fields of Tam Coc.
You can visit the Dance Cave at any time of the year. Photo: unexploredfootsteps
The distance from Hanoi to Hang Dan is about 110km, you can choose to travel by bus, motorbike or car conveniently.
- Coach: From My Dinh or Giap Bat bus stations, there are bus routes to Ninh Binh with fares of only 70,000 – 80,000 VND/person. You travel by bus to the city then continue to take a taxi to go to the dance cave. Taxi costs are about 100,000 – 150,000 VND
- Limousines: Currently, the limousine service picks up and drops off passengers at the right point of request is very developed. You take a limousine to Ninh Binh city for about 140,000 VND / person and from there continue to book a car to Hang Mua.
- Motorcycles, personal cars: This is the most flexible and convenient form of transportation. From Hanoi, you go to Ninh Binh in the direction of Phap Van – Cau Gie – Ninh Binh highway. To Ninh Binh city, you follow the directions to Trang An. From Trang An continue to follow Trang An street, about 2km from Trang An tourist area, you will see directions to Hang Mua. From here, you follow the rural roads, the Tonkin houses intertwined in the middle of the rice field about 2km more will meet the turn leading to the gate of Hang Mua tourist area.
- Train: You take the train from Hanoi to Ninh Binh station, then from the station continue to take a taxi to go to Hang Mua. The train time will be about 1 hour longer than by car, you can relax and enjoy the experience on the train before exploring Ninh Binh.
Explore popular tourist attractions
Crouching Dragon Mountain
Ngoa Long Mountain is also known as Dance Mountain. At the foot is a lagoon, surrounded by a system of limestone mountains interwoven in all shapes, creating a large and charming young nature. From the top of Dance Mountain, you can observe the same large and small mountain system jutting out each other, bending below are water streams mixed with fields to create an extremely spectacular landscape.
To reach the top of the mountain, you need to go through 486 stone steps surrounded by stone walls. Walking slowly up each stone step, you can both enjoy the scenery of the surrounding nature and take advantage of many beautiful photos for life.
The lotus lagoon blooming on May 6 at the foot of Ngoa Long Mountain attracts visitors to check-in.
Dance Cave is located at the foot of Ngoa Long Mountain with an upside-down bell-shaped shape of about 800m2. Inside the cool cave, the stalactites from the cave ceiling and cave walls are formed over millions of years, making visitors go from one wonder to another and full of delight at the wonders of creation.
Besides the main stop is the Dance cave tourist area – Ngoa Long mountain, visitors can also "conveniently" combine many other attractions near Dance cave such as Trang An, Tam Coc or Hoa Lu ancient capital to make the trip more rich and experienced.
You can combine the journey to explore Dance cave with Trang An or Tam Coc - Bich Dong. Photo: thechihotel
After a day of climbing, stop at a restaurant near Hoa Lu area, Trang An to enjoy great cuisine in the middle of poetic nature.
Suggest some restaurant addresses for you:
- Duc Go Restaurant: 29 Doan Ket Street (Facility 1) or Ring Street, An Hoa Street (Facility 2), Ninh Binh City – Recommended price: 100,000- 300,000 VND/dish
- Thang Long Restaurant: Chi Phong village, Truong Yen, Hoa Lu – reference price: 150,000 – 400,000vnd/dish
- Ba Cua Restaurant: Trang An village, Truong Yen commune, Hoa Lu – reference price: 110,000 – 300,000 VND/dish
- Dat Clay Restaurant – near Ninh Binh Gymnasium, Street 11, Dong Thanh Ward, Ninh Binh City - Recommended price: 100.000 – 350.000 VND
Back to Ninh Binh, do not forget to stop to enjoy specialty goat meat.
As one of the central areas near many tourist attractions, near the Dance Cave area, there are many homestays or hotels for you to choose from. Hang Mua Ecolodge, Nguyen Shack Homestay, Ninh Binh Panorama Homestay, Ninh Binh Valley Homestay are all beautiful homestays, airy rooms fully equipped and relaxing space.
Notes when visiting the Dance Cave
- It is recommended to wear flat shoes or sneakers for the convenience of climbing
- Bring small water bottles, hats, hats so as not to get heatstroke or dehydration from climbing
- Do not choose dresses that are too long or cumbersome to avoid inconvenience.
- The width of the stone steps is not too wide, when checking-in to take photos, note not to crowd.
- Do not litter on the climbing path, affecting the general aesthetics of the tourist area
- You should get up early and prepare enough tools: cameras, selfie sticks to hunt beautiful panoramic photos when there are not too many tourists.