About Y Ty
Dubbed the land of fog, Y Ty is famous for its endless terraced fields and majestic high mountains. This land is also home to four main ethnic groups: Ha Nhi, H'Mong, Dao, and Kinh, so the national cultural identity is very diverse and unique.
Best Time To Visit Y Ty
* September last year - April next year: Cloud hunting season in Nhiu Co San, Lao Than, Ngai Thau
* March and early April: Wild azaleas season when flowers bloom brilliantly throughout the Y Ty primeval forest.
* May - June: The rice fields are picturesque in water season
* September-October: Harvest season when rice fields turn yellow and time for autumn festivals.
* December - January: Winter in Y Ty is likely to have snowfall.
To get to Y Ty, you need to follow 2 stages. Stage 1 from Hanoi to Sapa, Lao Cai. At this stage, you can choose to go by train, shuttle or limousine. The second stage is from Sapa, Lao Cai to Y Ty. Although the distance is only 80km, it takes a long time to go by motorbike or car, approximately 5-6 hours. TThe pass is steep and slippery in winter.
Explore Y Ty
Latest Stories from Y Ty
Dragon Waterfall - foreground between Bat Xat mountains and forests, Lao Cai
In the midst of the countless beautiful scenes of nature given to this mountainous region, Dragon Waterfall appears as an iridescent silver silk strip standing out among the mountains and forests.