Vietnam is one of Southeast Asia’s most beautiful countries, attracting travellers to its lush mountains, bustling cities and golden sand beaches. Besides rapid modernisation in urban centres of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, century-old traditions remain intact amongst the locals and countrysides.
Anytime is a good time to visit Vietnam, wintertime in the North can mean an ideal beach vacation in the South. While the country has a typically tropical climate, the weather can vary significantly from one region to another due to its long coastline of 3,260km.
There are many options to move around in Vietnam, from popular vehicles like trains and buses, to more niche ones like cyclos and motorbikes. Nowadays, tourists also have more freedom in using raid-hailing apps in metropolises. Foreigners can easily reach the country at one of the three international airports located in Hanoi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City.
Top things to do in Vietnam
1. Reach Lung Cu Flag Tower
2. Cloud chase in Sa Pa
3. Marvel at Ban Gioc waterfall
4. Visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
5. Sample diverse Vietnamese dishes
6. Be enchanted in Halong Bay
7. Discover Trang An scenic landscape
8. Enter the world’s largest cave
9. Go sightseeing in the Imperial City
10. Get lost in Hoi An Ancient Town
11. Unwind in many unspoiled beaches
12. Explore unique coffee culture
13. Take part in the authentic floating markets
Latest Stories from Vietnam
Happy Hamlet - a remote village filled with flowers in Hoa Binh
Hamlet Happy is located at the highest position of Hop Phong commune, Cao Phong district, Hoa Binh province, cool climate in summer. In particular, Happy village is considered the green lung of the province with 520 hectares of natural forest being raised and protected by people.