Referring to museums, we will often think of what belongs to the past, history only takes place in flashback. But in cultural museums, the stories continue from the present to the future.
Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, Hanoi
The Vietnam Museum of Ethnology is a place to display and preserve the cultural values of 54 ethnic groups across the country. The three main exhibition areas of the museum are: the Copper Drum Building, the outdoor exhibition area and the Southeast Asia exhibition area. In addition, on weekends, the museum also organizes art activities such as water puppet shows, festivals and folk games.
- Address: Nguyen Van Huyen Street, Cau Giay, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 8h30 - 17h30, 2nd break
- Ticket price: Adults 40,000vnd/time, children under 6 years old free of charge
- Phone: +84 243 756 2193
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/btdth/
Source: Museum of Ethnology, Huong Chi
Vietnam Women's Museum, Hanoi
If you want to learn about the role of Vietnamese women in the flow of history and culture of the country, you should visit the Vietnam Women's Museum. The museum has a regular display system consisting of three 3 themes: Women in the Family; Women in History; Women's fashion and thematic exhibition: Mother worship includes 4 contents: Sample, Mind, Beautiful, Fun.
The museum has developed collections with more than 40,000 documents and artifacts related to Vietnamese women. In addition to the regular display system, the Museum also organizes many other thematic exhibitions.
- Address: 36 Ly Thuong Kiet, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 8h - 17h every day of the week
- Ticket price: Adults 40.000vnd/time, children 10.000vnd/time
- Phone: +84 243 936 5973
- Website: https://baotangphunu.org.vn/
Source: Vietnam Women's Museum
Museum of Cham Sculpture, Da Nang
Danang Museum of Cham Sculpture is a place to preserve and promote the cultural heritage values of the flourishing period of the ancient Cham Pa Kingdom. Currently, the museum owns 2000 large and small artifacts. The museum is on the list of historical sightseeing destinations with high cultural and artistic value to attract tourists when coming to Da Nang.
The total number of artifacts displayed here is divided according to the origin of the geographical area where they were discovered or excavated, including Quang Tri room, Tra Kieu room, My Son, Dong Duong, Thap Man – Binh Dinh, Quang Nam corridor, Quang Ngai corridor and an expansive gallery.
- Address: No. 2, 2 May 9 Street, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 7h - 17h every day of the week
- Fares: No fee until the end of 2021
- Phone: +84 236 357 2935
- Website: https://chammuseum.vn/
Source: museum_of_cham_sculpture, vietnam.travel, asiaopentour, besthuecitytour
World Coffee Museum, Dak Lak
The Coffee World Museum is a museum that comes alive in display. Right in an exhibition space, visitors can interact with audio, seeing, matting, smelling and touching experiences. The artifacts in the museum include more than 10,000 coffee-related items through many historical and cultural periods not only in Vietnam but also in the world.
- Address: Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Buon Ma Thuot, Dak Lak
- Opening hours: 8h – 19h every day of the week. Open at night to visitors on the day of the big anniversary.
- Ticket price: Adults 75,000 for one-time, children (7-12 years old) for 40,000vnd/time
- Phone: +84 899 355 368
- Website: https://baotangthegioicaphe.com/
Source: Hoang Anh Tuan, miqua2012, dim.hoang
Ho Chi Minh City Fine Arts Museum, HCMC
The Ho Chi Minh City Fine Arts Museum was formerly the residence and workplace of the Hui Bon Hoa family – a Chinese businessman. Later became a place to meet the needs of the public to enjoy art and study of art lovers. The museum has more than 21,000 artifacts divided into precious collections.
Artifacts of the Museum are divided into 02 main areas: ancient arts, traditional handicrafts and contemporary art with collections reflecting the basic characteristics of fine arts in Ho Chi Minh City and the Southern region.
- Address: 97A Pho Duc Chinh, District 1, HCMC
- Opening hours: 8h – 17h every day of the week
- Ticket price: Adults 30.000vnd/ way
- Phone: +84 283 829 4441
- Website: http://baotangmythuattphcm.com.vn/
Source: alitte_saigon, n_phamm